Pages

January 18, 2012

End of an Era

Me:  This is a "Twinkie."

Anthony: Oooooh, I've seen one in a picture.

The kids' only reference for Twinkies was this image from Wall-E

4 comments:

Maryan said...

Ha-ha!! I don't know if my kids know what twinkies are! But they have watched Wall-E. I would have no trouble having them as a daily snack, but Dan would probably kill me!

Michelle said...

I'm giggling. How funny that Twinkie introduction to our children happened nearly simultaneously.

Rachel said...

MIchelle, that was cracking me up too. For us Bill's mom bought them because she knew Hostess was going out of business, and she and Bill had been talking about them. Amazingly, my kids didn't mind them, but the cupcakes were much more popular.

Maryan, I ate 2 yesterday. Don't tell Bill. The box is almost gone, thank God.

Fr. Chrysostom said...

I heard about this same litmus test for the closed era on NPR.