Joseph was an angel.
Maria made her own jellyfish costume with a clear umbrella from Target and some curling ribbon. She loved twirling the umbrella to make the tentacles swirl. Cecilia wanted to be a ghost, and since all we could find was a Nike brand shirt, we made her a racing ghost. Her double zero race number says "Just bOO it! Ft. Leavenworth Trick-or-Treat Marathon 2009". Charles chose a Darth Vader outfit which I agreed to before I remembered my "no being a bad guy or dressin in black in the dark" rules. His birthday lightsaber completed his ensemble. Anthony chose to be a centurian. He made his own shield but we bought the costume. And Thomas has been begging to learn to sew, so he and I made his knight costume together. I think he learned some good lessons and he seemed pleased with the finished product. James' Elmo costume was a hand-me-down:



6 comments:
They look great! I like them all -- but the jellyfish is extra creative!
Loved the historical detail of SPQR on Anthony's shield.
What does SPQR mean? He copied it from a Playmobil ship, so I'm not sure he even knows.
Senatus Populusque Romanus: the Senate and Roman People. It was the official stamp on all things of the Republic, like Russell Crowe in Gladiator.
He and I both say, "Wow!"
Okay... the jellyfish was my favorite: SO CLEVER!! I've never seen a jellyfish. Well.. you know what I mean. And the joint sewing job gets TWO BIG THUMBS up. And Darth Vader does have a death-bed conversion. ;)
Post a Comment