Today the kids are asking...again!...what's for dinner. We spent the morning making tortillas so you'd think it would stick, but no.
"Albondigas," I sighed.
"What is it?" asked Charles and "Do I like it?" asked Cecilia.
"It's Mexican meatball soup and yes, you like it. It's your favorite." That's my standard answer to "do I like it" but today I could see they were on to me. I put on my how-can-you-not believe-me voice. "Of course you'll like it. It's Grandma's recipe."
Big eyes and sighs of "oooohhhhhh" followed by "What else does Grandma make? Does she have a recipe for beef? When can we have it?"
It just so happens that most of our meals this week are from my mom, and I had to laugh when I just now realized that almost all of our favoritest meals are from her: spaghetti sauce, tostadas, albondigas, chorizzo, beef over rice, taquitos, up eggs....
My kids will never think I am a great cook. It will always be Grandma who gets the credit, which is as it should be.
Is it time for dinner yet?
1 comment:
I think you are a great cook. I've told you my sister wants to make sure her boys love her cooking, so they'll want to come back to "Mom's" when they are old and grown. I can see yours will come back to your great cooking.
And, I sure do want all of "Grandma's" recipes.
Post a Comment