Recently, I've been reflecting on the idea that 12 is really only 2 plus 10. Two year old emotional fragility, two year old limiting testing, two year old blossoming into a new level of independence...with 10 years of self-discipline and experience to give it a different flavor. Fortunately, I've always enjoyed 2 year olds.
*****
My niece has recently told me that she wants to come live with me because I am so much fun. I was going to tell her this isn't really true, but when I went to write her back, I realized that I am in the midst of planning a week off of our usual curriculum to do star-gazing, a field trip to the local kids science museum, and a morning riding in and learning about hot air balloons. These are on the same week as Halloween and All Saints Day parties.
Isabel, come visit.
*****
Tonight the kids tried to help me make a grocery list for tomorrow morning. The conversation went, "How about [delicious food]?" followed by a chorus of "Not, that!" Since I'm going through a phase where nightly I say, "I have to cook dinner again?", things are looking bleak.
On the list right now: baby wipes.
Yum.
******
Last weekend, we all went on a family campout for AHG. The computer ate the pictures, so while I can find them on Iphoto, Blogger can't. This one is courtesy of my friend Jill.

2 comments:
You are the fun mom. My kids look at your pictures and then look at me as if to say: "Step it up mom!!" LOL! Can't believe they are 12! So old!!!
My mom has asked that dinner question for as long as I can remember! I wonder if I will develop that as I have more kids, or if I'll continue to make dinner??? I love this post :)
Post a Comment