![]() |
| If it looks like I'm snarling, it's because I had to tell my photographer multiple times to warn me before he took the picture. This is # 53, I think. |
June 3, 2011
I'm 38!
Alright, I've been 38 for several weeks now, but now I'm both 38 years and 38 weeks pregnant. I've been promising the kids to catch up on the April birthdays before the baby comes so I'm going to just do a quick one for mine. For my birthday Bill and the kids gave me this lemon tree so I could try to grow lemons indoors. Watering, humidifying, pot hunting, and pollinating have all taken on a level of obsession. My parents gave me a label maker which has fulfilled a lifelong dream: I am labeling all the light-switches in the house. Apparently, this sickness is contagious because everyone else wants to use my label maker too.
At present, I am not exercising, except for patience. The midwife tells me the baby can come any time, but she is out of town until tomorrow night, so I've decided not to have a baby today or tomorrow. Our school year is done and almost in the mail, so I'm looking forward to a long summer with a new little one to keep me company when I get lonely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You're looking good, sweetie. Happy 38!
Labeling light switches? I like to label, too, but I had never thought of light switches. What for?
We have a lot of multiple switches--2 or 3 on one panel. I always seem to pick the one that's the fan instead of the light or the outlet instead of the fan. Near our exterior doors there are panels of 4 switches which I haven't figured out yet. If we ever get to live in a house for longer than a year, I might actually learn, but until then the labels are great. What do you label?
I like to label storage boxes or things like that. Then I like to stack them in a particular way and require everyone to return them to their proper configuration after using any of them. If I could have a man-cave, it would have stacks of labelled storage boxes. Yes, I need help.
Post a Comment