Pages

June 22, 2011

Dominic

Early this morning, Dominic Peter was born at our home with our fabulous midwife and her 2 assistants attending the water birth.  As lightning lit the sky outside, Bill held my hands and I eased our 8 lb baby into the world.  When we finally looked, we were surprised to find out we had a 6th boy.  For some reason, all of us excpected a girl and have been referring to him as "her" for months. 

Today Bill, Dominic and I have been resting.  The kids spent last night and today with friends and were ecstatic to come home and see their new brother. 
We have lots of pictures to post but until I can post them, Dominic has dark brown hair, brown eyes, and very pink skin.  We haven't decided who he looks like yet.  Thank you everyone who has been praying for us!

6 comments:

Jennifer Gregory Miller said...

Hooray!!!! Oh congratulations! Can't wait to see a picture! I was just holding some yummy babyness with Fuzzy's baby. Love the name, too!

Fuzzy said...

YAY! Congratulations! So happy all went well. Hoping for a wonderful babymoon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! So glad to hear the happy news. Deo Gratias!!

jjb said...

Should be "whom he looks like". . . . I'm just sayin', so Mom won't have to.

Rachel said...

John, Would you believe I thought about that? Not long enough apparently.

Leslie McCaddon said...

Congratulations, Rachel! :) Love to the whole family!!! :D