| These poor losers got stuck walking with Mom while Dad took the big kids on a 6 mile bike ride. |
One of Bill's favorite's is "C'est la guerre." which he has translated into English for the kids.
| Looking at a dragonfly |
Recently, Charles was whining about something and Bill said, "You know what the French say, Charles."
| Maria had time to pose as she was ahead of the other bikers. |
Charles sighed and said, "Yes, they say 'Man up.'"
| Bill and Thomas came next, and I missed Anthony. |
Charles looked at me in surprise and asked, "Do they really say that?" We don't say that in our family.
"Yep," I said, "They just say it in a snotty French accent."
| Looking at minnows and water bugs |
Bill says he does not have a copyright on these little gems, so you may use them as you please.



4 comments:
Love the pictures! I was hoping this post was the announcement of the bouncing baby!
What a great post! I love all things disparaging to the French! People don't realize how much joy a good dislike of the French can bring to your life. I recommend it to everyone.
So four years of French and I didn't get it. I was thinking Bill was taking them on a war adventure?? (nope, no coffee yet). I had a very Amelia Bedelia approach to my translation. I must have failed the section on idiomatic expressions. Sipping coffee now and get it. I think I need to say "I don't care" in French too. Glad Bill doesn't have a copyright on it!
Love the post.
And congratulations on your new addition: Baby Dominic!
Post a Comment