Moving into a new house is like being born...again. It is painful and messy, but also it's a chance to recreate yourself.3M Command hooks ,brought to you by those same guys who invented masking tape, are a wonder to me. You can get fancy ones for $15 a pop or a value pack of 10 little guys for about $10. So far, I have used or plan to use them to hang:
- chore cards
- bath towels
- kids' clothes
- baseball caps
- snow suits/bathing suits
- dress up clothes
I've also used their velcro picture strips to apply temporary and lightweight decor, like phonogram cards on posterboard, to the dining room walls. My 2 reminders to self: 1. get the big hooks for towels 2. put them low enough for small people to reach
I also want to give Bill his props--he labeled bike parking spaces in the garage with duct tape and put up nails for our helmets and roller blades (my brother John used dowels which work better but are more of a committment). The change is amazing! We are considering hooks--real ones--in there for bikes between riders, the grass seeder, the bike trailer, the bike pump.... We are also considering real metal bike racks for the 10+ bikes in there.
This looks small and low key, but it made the difference between sanity and insanity for me.
3 comments:
YAY! Thanks for the post on hooks!! And can I tell you how many times the boys wanted to go back to the picture of "James hanging up his pants." I wasn't quite sure how they were so confident it was James and not a very advanced Joseph displaying early neat tendencies.
And they are VERY intrigued by your header and want details... :)
Anthony is composing the post to go with the header. We just have to add the pictures. If he has his way, there may be a hundred!
And your boys are too funny. I wonder why James hanging up his pants is so interesting to them? Maybe it's his fancy white UNDERWEAR?
You've got my boys number. They think he's so funny. :)
And tell Anthony the boys will be waiting anxiously to read all about it.
Post a Comment