Pages

September 16, 2009

September 16, 2009

I am thinking...

If I borrow this template from the Simple Woman's Daybook, I may be able to catch up our blog just a little bit


Outside my window...


With a mild interest I have been watching a scene unfold just past our back fence. Seven or 8 soldiers have laid fabric tape in the field behind our house in what is obviously a floor plan design and are talking earnestly together. Some have on flak jackets and some have rifles across their backs.


From my kitchen table, the view is clear. We can tell this is some sort of training exercise. Getting a different view as I drove past on the street behind ours, I admit that the 20 men in full body armor with rifles in their hands and preparing to raid an empty house did make my stomach drop.









I am thankful for...


Good friends. I miss mine a lot and the kids do too.


From the learning rooms...


I'm dedicating this year to oragnizing our house and September is the month to organize the school supplies and books, naturally. I'm quite pleased with my own cleverness.


From the kitchen...














Jodie Francis's Curried Shrimp and Jasmine Rice with Currents


Joseph liked it so much he stuffed the shrimp down the front of his overalls so he could have a snack while he played outside after dinner.


I am wearing...


A black t-shirt, denim skirt, and black slippahs


I am reading...




I am hearing...


A teething baby asserting his needs by pressing his face to the crack at the bottom of his door and wailing



Here is picture for thought I am sharing...










Wednesday night is Girl Scout night.

4 comments:

YBJ said...

I love seeing my name on your blog!!!!!! Cecelia IS NOT old enough to be a daisy!!!!!!

Rachel May said...

I wish you could have come over for dinner. It was SOOOOO yummy!

Maryan said...

Okay that raid definitely beats the bombs (or whatever they are) going off at Quantico that we can only hear at our house. Scary!! And I can use some cleverness -- are you going to share photos of your school organization? Cuz my school organization resembles a room after a military raid. Miss you!

Rachel May said...

You could pretend that they are practicing the 1812 Overture? The MPs don't have much longer to practice here, because the workmen are almost ready to start renovating those houses behind us. Bill, finance guy, loves the budget efficiency of practicing this military thing in a house that was already vacated. :)

I'm probably over impressed with my own cleverness as it is mostly copying Mary Chris, but I'll put some pictures up later. Miss you too!