Pages

August 11, 2009

First Day of School

In the grand tradition of parents putting little girls in fluffy dresses and bows and little boys in ironed pants with no holes in the knees yet, the Army had the soldiers dress up in their Class As for the first day of school yesterday. The evening before the kids and I oohed and ahhhed over Bill's awards, and he and I even had fun playing with an online "rackbuilder" to be sure they were all placed correctly. Do you want to know where to put your Congressional Medal of Honor or your NASA flight medal on your uniform? Check it out!

Since parking at the school is tight and the bike ride is HOT, we drove Bill to school and Cecilia packed a special friend into his backpack to keep him company until he has made some new friends of his own.

4 comments:

Maryan said...

Awwww.... Cecilia's friend is so pink. Definitely gives a new meaning to Army Strong. Hope Bill's first day was good!

YBJ said...

I think that is the cutest 1st day of school picture I've ever seen! Cecelia is so sweet and I hope Bill's new friend gave him great comfort as he walked into that big building with all those scary army guys!

Breakfast in California said...

Hope he's still be smiling on the last day of school!!!

Michelle said...

What a nice wife you are to drive him over. It was a hot day two years ago too. Then again, what August day in Kansas ISN'T hot?