Pages

August 19, 2009

Rhinoplasty and other sewing projects

Tonight I'm sewing on Pooh Bear's nose. This is the second time that Anthony has asked me to fix Pooh's nose because Joseph has loved it...with his teeth. And this time he has had to wait 2 days because I am in the middle of helping Maria sew a dress. I feel like everyone has found something for me to mend or stitch. A Halloween costume. A hole in some pjs. A nose.

Poor old Pooh. He was a gift from Uncle John and Aunt Theresa back before Anthony knew who they were. He was one of several offerings from their suitcases, and he was the one who stuck. Of the soft friends in this house, he has been the best loved and most faithful.

I admit I feel bad shoving a needle in one side of his nose and out the other. It looks like it hurts, and a few times I've paused to stroke his old fur and give him a break. And I know a boy who will be just as relieved as Pooh and I when this project is done.

2 comments:

Maryan said...

I think my nose hurt as you described the sewing...

But Anthony looks awfully cute. :)

Jennifer Gregory Miller said...

Mine did, too, Maryan. I think I started to feel my nose to make sure it was okay.

Anthony looks like innocence in repose!