Friday--We had our housing inspection at 10 am. I stood outside in the 95 deg heat + humidity waiting to find out the damage. Downstairs medicine cabinet broken. Downstairs carpets need to be replaced at a depreciation of 20% per year we lived there (might fight that one). Linoleum stained from pastels in the art closet. We were limp by the time it was over so we collapsed on the couch of a friend and let her feed us before we left. At 1:30 we were on the road. 3 hours later we had gone 30 miles due to traffic on I-95. Let's just say Virginia was helping us say goodbye.
Saturday--We started in Charlottesville and got all the way to Louisville, narrowly avoiding a repeat of Charles' car sickness from Fri. There is stuff everywhere in both cars and I can't take a picture because I can't find the charger for the camera battery. On the plus side, it's chilly out instead of hot which makes traveling much nicer, and Around the World in 80 Days has been a great book to listen to.
Sunday-Bill's birthday. Found the charger as we drove to 9 am Mass. I'm fairly certain the Mass was valid. To be charitable, I will only mention that the parishoners were VERY friendly, and we managed to leave the church by 11:15. We made it to St. Louis late this afternoon. At dinner we shared a 9" piece of chocolate cake and sang to Bill. He got a card and gift from his parents, some running shirts from my parents, and a card with the bottom of a Holiday Inn pen from us. I'd share the picture of our celebration, but now I have to find the software and the camera cord in the van. I know they're in there somewhere..... Tomorrow, the Arch!
2 comments:
Glad to hear it's going well. Continuing prayers. Happy Birthday, Bill!!! What does that make you about 25?
I said Mass for Bill on his birthday, but I suppose John didn't send the card.
Post a Comment