Well, by 9 am tomorrow anyway.Here is my Christmas Eve to do list:
- Exercise
- make pie with Maria
- make sweet potatoes for tomorrow
- make dough for rolls with Thomas
- make tortilla dough with ???
- make cranberry sauce with Anthony
- wash and iron church clothes
- move the craft table into the nook to act as a sideboard for Christmas dinner
- call the UPS store to deal with a goof they made
- cut the kids' nails (and the cat's too if I can catch him)
- do laundry with the kids
- buy a space heater
- give C, J, and JD a haircut
- thaw the turkey
- make dinner!
- decorate the house with the kids
- decorate the tree with Marc, Bill and the kids
- play piano and sing along with Anthony while he practices his recorder for Midnight Mass
- copy picture files from desktop which I thought had crashed yesterday
- make stuffing
- sew myself a Christmas skirt?
- shower
My spiritual preparations have been more simple:
- You can't sing Psalm 95 --the psalm for Midnight Mass--repeatedly without reflecting on the words
- Listen to Cat Chat (Sing along: Lord, I want to prepare my heart, so that I can fix my eyes on You!)
- Offer the little frustrations of the day for my wonderful friends and family
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
4 comments:
With a day that full you expect to have frustrations?
merry christmas exclamation.
i've been offline and missed a lot of fun posts from you. love the tree pictures and your list. mine didn't exist. i want to know what was your answer to how to spell ewtn btw. hee-hee-hee
Re: EWTN There may have been eye rolling from my side and fevered explanations on his.... :)
And I did maybe half of the list with minor frustrations. Those came the next day. :S
I'll be impressed if you exercised!
Did you get a space heater? I have one I can loan you.
Post a Comment