Pages

December 21, 2008

Christmas Tree Hunt

I admit, I find the Christmas tree farm fascinating.










How cool is it that there is a special measuring stick for Christmas trees?
Here, Anthony and Cecilia determine the tree is 6ft. It was 5 after we cut it.













We got to try out a two man saw.
Thomas, Anthony, Bill and Charles worked together to cut the tree down.













I always thought trees would be heavy, but Bill and Anthony could easily carry it back to the stand.














More specialized equipment!
Maria and James watched as the worker shook the dry needles from the tree using one machine, and then as she pulled it through the netter, Thomas asked why she didn't do it backwards (think of trying to deliver a breech baby and you'll know why).




Everyone, including Joseph, enjoyed the marshmellows.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Thanks for inviting me! I loved seeing you, Bill and the kids. YOU LOOK GREAT!!! I'm so impressed with your weightloss notes on the side of your blog. Good for you! I will be checking in often and look forward to seeing all your Christmas activities on the blog. I loved your entry about Jesus' Stocking and how the kids made their $60 goal in THREE days! I'm so impressed, and always have been, with your children. They are so beautiful and you are, hands down, the best Mom I know. How do you do it? Thanks again for the invite! I'm hooked on the Mays already!