Dearest, I have always said that I think new babies are funny looking and that I don't enjoy holding them or breastfeeding, but you have proved me wrong. One day you and I went out alone to run errands, and in the van in the pouring rain I fed you. I listened to the pit-a-pat of the raindrops outside from the sleepy warmth of the front seat and suddenly realized how very, very much I was enjoying holding and nursing you. I looked at your squishy face and thought about how beautiful you are and remembered the moment of your birth when the midwife handed you to me. Gripping onto the rail, not quite standing or sitting, I wrapped my free arm around your dirty newborn body high on my shoulder, nuzzled your fuzzy head, kissed you and said, "Hello, Gorgeous. I love you!"
May 8, 2008
Joseph's Journal--1 month old
Dearest, I have always said that I think new babies are funny looking and that I don't enjoy holding them or breastfeeding, but you have proved me wrong. One day you and I went out alone to run errands, and in the van in the pouring rain I fed you. I listened to the pit-a-pat of the raindrops outside from the sleepy warmth of the front seat and suddenly realized how very, very much I was enjoying holding and nursing you. I looked at your squishy face and thought about how beautiful you are and remembered the moment of your birth when the midwife handed you to me. Gripping onto the rail, not quite standing or sitting, I wrapped my free arm around your dirty newborn body high on my shoulder, nuzzled your fuzzy head, kissed you and said, "Hello, Gorgeous. I love you!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment