In May, a friend I met online arranged for a tour of the Capitol Building for a few
homeschool families. I borrowed a teenager and
metroed us into the city for the day. I would have loved to stay and just look at the art, but there wasn't time. We did say hi to some statues that have duplicates at the capitol in Honolulu and take a gallery tour where we watched a bill about mortgage rates debated. I thought they wouldn't be interested, but at the end of the day, all the kids said the debate was their favorite part.

The House and Senate make their home
Beneath the Capitol's great dome.
Me, Anthony and Thomas; Mary Chris and Cecilia with the Kamehameha I statue from Hawaii; the kids and me with the Fr. Damien statue; waiting to go on the gallery tour (for the record, Maria made a face in every picture); me, Joseph, and Ronan; Katie, Mary Beth, my kids, and our friend Elizabeth who came with me to help that day
No comments:
Post a Comment