Pages

March 31, 2008

Over 40

And I still look like this:
Today was promising, maybe due to the effort Bill and I have dedicated to natural labor induction.

This morning I woke up contracting, and it continued through math and piano and my walk to the OB/hospital. After I had walked home again (appointment next Mon to check on the baby), I was in real pain. So I made cookies with the kids and shampooed the carpets up and downstairs where the cat has thrown up recently and called Bill and told his voice mail that this might be it and breathed and relaxed and unclenched my jaw and changed diapers and put people to bed and noticed that I had been contracting 4-7 minutes apart or over 2 hours. GREAT!

Then I fell asleep on the couch, and there is nothing more to tell. Tonight, more natural labor inducing....

2 comments:

Fr. Chrysostom said...

You don't look a day over 39.

Rachel May said...

I that picture I was exactly 39 (weeks). And I still look that good. ;)