After my midwife appt. on Thurs, I truly expected to spend Good Friday in the hospital meditating on the crucifixion. No such luck. However, our whole family participated in Holy Thursday and Good Friday services together which was a wonderful blessing. I was begged by Fr. Gary not to come to Easter Vigil if I think I may be in labor as he promised to run in the opposite direction at the first sign of my distress. Dr. Mike offered to help, unabashed that he holds a doctorate of military history and not an MD. In the end though, the midwife's help, if it was going to work, should have worked by now, and it hasn't. Bill is taking the 3 big kids to the Vigil with him, and I'm staying home with the little guys to rest and let Fr. Gary have a worry free evening. 
Today I am deep in preparation for Easter morning.
Here's our to do list:
- Take out Easter baskets and plastic eggs for filling
- Boil more eggs for dying later today
- Supervise Anthony making banana bread for tomorrow's breakfast
- Send Bill to Easter Vigil rehearsal
and the commissary - Iron church clothes
- Remembering the unwritten regulation that chaplains' assistants only serve RED juice on Easter, apply Scotch Guard to church clothes
- Bless the downstairs Flylady style
- Find Divine Mercy novena
meditations so we can start (only a day late) - Shampoo livingroom carpet (this is the only carpet that escaped my extreme nesting which got the Spring Cleaning done last month)
- Teach the boys to play Speed Scrabble
- Set out Resurrection Story eggs for the Easter Bunny to hide
- Go swimming

1 comment:
For the record I didn't find the novena or shampoo the carpet. :(
Post a Comment