Pages

April 13, 2011

Scouty Stuff

I must get a little caught up since we've had two birthdays already and are about to have two more.  But first I have to share:

Charles came in second at the Pinewood Derby!
He went to regionals but didn't place.

Also, 3 kids and I went "camping" with scouts this past weekend.  Unfortunately we left our house at 6:30 am Sat and were home again by 11:30 pm because of a thunderstorm.  However, we pitched a tent and then unpitched it in the dark and rain, went to Mass, ate s'mores, and had a lot of fun.  What more does sleeping in the tent add, right?
At the Catholic Camporee--Boy Scouts taught fire building, and that's what our kids did all day.

The girls loved it too!  I was in charge of helping kids make tye-dyed t-shirts so I didn't know what they were up to.   Good parental supervision, right?

Our AHG friends loaned us poles and bait so we could fish. 
That is one happy camper!
Don't I look like a star bellied sneech?


2 comments:

Jennifer Gregory Miller said...

All the fun part of camping!

Love the header picture -- especially the goggles!

Fr. Chrysostom said...

I just realized that there is another blog entitled The Mays' Days (Capital T), which is not yours. Is that why you asked if we knew which Mays' day it was?