Pages

September 25, 2010

Untapped Resources

Right now there is a focus on earning enough money for the boys to go to summer camp next year.  All spare income is set aside as seed money for Thomas' apron business.  Anthony has asked all our friends and neighbors to save steel and aluminum cans so he can recycle them for money.  And the 3 boys put all of their allowance into the camp jar as soon as they get it.  They have even talked about letting me cut their hair so that the haircut money could go there too.  There is almost no discretionary spending.

Recently, I walked into the bathroom to find Anthony at the sink with a handkerchief around a loose tooth which he wiggled in earnest.  There was blood all over the sink, counter and mirror.   Concerned, I asked him what he was doing.  Here is his reply:  "Remember how I spent that 50 cents on the snow cone today?  Well, if I get this tooth out, the Tooth Fairy will  bring me 50 cents tonight, and I can put it back in the camp  jar."  

I think I won't share that some people sell their kidneys....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HaHaHaHaHa! I love your kids!!

Michelle said...

awesome.

Michelle said...

PS: did he clean up the blood?

Maryan said...

Oh.my.