I wish I had the camera to show you the lovely display. Think luau....palm fronds and plumeria....a lei for each of us....a tablecloth with brightly colored hibiscus blooms on the picnic table in the back...Braddah Iz on the stereo...fresh pineapple and coconut...an imu with a delicious smelling pig cooking right now in the back yard (Bill dug the pit before he left).
Well, that's what I'm going to visualize as we eat our crockpot b-b-q beef burgers and coconut-pineapple cake after soccer tonight.
Happy Feast Day, Saint Damien!
PS Due to the fact that my husband is gone and I'm pregnant, I've just realized that yesterday was his feast.
4 comments:
This from Chrysostom, who got the date correct:
Fr. Damien told us this morning that St. Damien was voted by the Flemish Belgians as the greatest Belgian of all time.
The French-speaking Belgians responded by having their own survey, and they chose a lounge singer instead.
Kisses for the kid.
Were you speaking figuratively... or did you really roast a pig???? Cuz my high admiration level of you just went up five notches if you were roasting a pig without Bill.
LOL! I wouldn't know to do with a full pig, but it sounds fun, doesn't it?
One of these days I'll go to a real luau. You had me going for a bit. But the crock pot sounded good, too.
We celebrate post-feasts quite often.
Post a Comment