Now Maryan could make a week-long tooth-brushing camp fun, so I knew her singing camp would be the perfect environment for Maria to work on harnessing her untrained gifts. Throughout the week Maria was fairly quiet when asked about how camp was going, but before Friday James was singing "Strike up the Band" and Anthony was singing "I'm Looking Over a Four Leafed Clover" so I knew that it was going well. And now everyone is enjoying her singing as much as she is.

On the last day, the girls did a mini concert. I thought it was pretty impressive considering they had one week of training. Unfortunately, Blogger is fighting all my efforts to upload the little movie I made, so you will just have to believe me.
They sang the Kyrie and then Veni Creator Spiritu (in Latin!). They did hand movements with "Four Leafed Clover" and marched to "The Marine Corps Hymn" and the "Army Song". Maria told me she sang the harmony part on "Lonely Goatherd" which I thought was amazing with only a week of practice. Well, my descriptions will never live up to your actually hearing her sing, but I assure you that it is now something to look forward to.
2 comments:
That was, Veni Creator Spiritus?
Hey those are great pictures and kind praise!! Except who is that really tired looking woman standing with Maria?
Post a Comment