Pages

January 10, 2009

Ruthless Simplicity

With a little over 6 months before our move, this is the phrase that is on continuous loop in my head: "Ruthless Simplicity." I have a plan to declutter all the dark corners of the house for 15 minutes a day until the guys with the big truck come. For the record, we moved into this house with about 7500 lbs.

I put my cleaning list in a side bar, but this is for me to refer back to when move next year:

Jan: Office My closet Dining room/entry way/porch

Feb: Landing Master bath Linen closet Repair chest

March: Hand-me-down closet Master bedroom Kitchen Kids' & downstairs bath

April: Living room M, J, JD's room Ch and Cec's room A&T's room

May: Freezer & pantry Entry closet Laundry area Lego closet

June: Art closet Garage Blue room Backyard

July: Harddrive and Dig up roots

When you live somewhere for a short time, your roots are shallow, but we've been here about 4 years and the soil was rich. I already feel that being transplanted is going to be painful. Hopefully, Virginia will give me 6 months of the weather I hate so much to make it a little easier.

3 comments:

Jennifer Gregory Miller said...

You're always the model of simplicity to me, Rachel. I am just too sad that I didn't glean enough wisdom before you leave me.

BTW, how did you get that Blog tool that notifies you of updates on your favorite blogs?

Tami said...

Go get 'em Rachel! I can't wait to hear what your truck weighs when you leave! Where are you going next? Sounds far away with all the "hard drive" comments. Or does that mean you will be traveling with a new baby??? :) Ok, well I hope you are all well. I haven't checked in on your blog in a while. Your kids are all so beautiful and I can't believe little Maria is 8!!!!! WOW!

Rachel May said...

Tami, you made me think for a minute...I meant the computer harddrive needs to be decluttered, lol! We're going to Leavenworth for ILE, and no new baby yet. :)