Pages

November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!


As soon as the school bus left this morning, we went to buy pumpkins for carving. I was amazed at how much easier this process has become since a few years ago. This year I had multiple children who not only could draw a triangle but also kids who wanted to help younger sisters and brothers do it. Charles was able to do a lot of the carving himself, and Maria was a great help after she finished carving her cyclops.



Before trick-or-treating we had a pizza party with our friends and then the 2 moms took out 12 kids to get candy. Maria dressed as an Indian in Catherine's old Indian Maiden dress, and Cecilia was a running angel--after a debate about which of her shoes were the most "angelic". (She said black patent leather in the box until Christmas Day shoes and I said sparkly purple trainers.) Thomas and Anthony seemed to choose their outfits based on the weapon accessories that came with them so Thomas was a knight in paperclip chainmail and Anthony was an archer.


Charles was borrowed this soldier costume and we ordered his winter boots to match it.

Firefighter James had great fun trick or treating and saying, "Happy Hall'ween!"
Baby Joseph stayed home with the daddies.







1 comment:

Maryan said...

LOVE THE COSTUMES!! Cecilia looks absolutely angelic! I want a close-up of the paper clip chain mail pretty please. I'm pretty sure that will have to be a stored Rachelism for future male costume reference. ;)