Around 8 this morning we were confronted with the pile by the front door:
- sleeping bags, pack 'n' play, pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals
- multiple bags of clothes and shoes
- coats
- bags of diapers
- bag with laptop, ipod, and directions
- bag of games and audiobooks
- bag with our anniversary quilt for me to work on in the car
Whew! So that seemed a little crazy, but then we walked around the corner and discovered the 2 days worth of food and drinks we also needed to bring along also. (Driving on Thanksgiving Day = no restaurants open)
Today, I am grateful for:
- a 15 passenger van with one seat out so we could bring everything we might need and want along with us
- gas at 1.63/gallon
- James chanting "This is the best day of my life" for 20 minutes as we got on I-95
- Kids who think it is fun to figure out how many miles it is from exit 252 in N. Carolina to Exit 53 in S. Carolina and then convert that to time
- An awesome husband who arranges provides shelter (makes motel reservations), hunts for food (at the Cracker Barrel across the street), and drives well
- Family who we can not wait to see waiting for us at the end of tomorrow's drive
4 comments:
Wow! You guys are so brave! I think living in Hawaii so long has ruined us for road trips forever! I hope your trip is going well. Happy Thanksgiving MBR!
LOL!! I love James!!! My boys were singing the first hour of our trip too... and then that got old. :)
You guys must have had so much fun! We never did make it Florida in the year we were stationed in South Carolina...
Finally catching up on your blog. When we went for ONE night up to Bill's parents house, I realized there is no such thing as packing lightly for a family of 8.
Post a Comment