Pages

April 4, 2015

Easter Sunday

With Easter on its way, I assured him that we do not serve our version of hot-cross buns even one day after Easter Sunday. We do sell them before Good Friday, but only for two weeks. The joy of eating with the seasons – fresh produce, religious or otherwise – is that it varies our diet subtly, yet profoundly. Seasonality teaches us patience and restraint during the lean months and educates our palates about what proper fruit tastes like during times of harvest.  -- Claire Ptak

Since the boys will be serving the 7am Easter Mass as usual, we need a quick but celebretory breakfast. I've decided to serve whole milk Brown Cow yogurt and make hot cross scones that I found on the blog post above, to be eaten at 5:30 am.

*****
I lied. I made the usual scone recipe but with Zante currants and hot cross bun spices. I'm sure they'll be great and won't require me to make mascarpone cheese. :)

No comments: