Pages

August 29, 2012

Anthonyisms

Anthony and I were talking today about his vocation to the priesthood and his feelings about girls. I told him that he would have to learn to be able to friends with women while getting used to being chaste. 

He looked at me with confusion. 

"I have to get used to being chased?"

***********************************************

Anthony came up to me and asked if I could have 4 more kids by the time I am 47 because then we would have a chance at becoming a big family. 

**********************************************
(PG-13)

Watching Jim Gaffigan's "Mr. Universe" we were all laughing at his piece on babies. He starts by describing the miraculous nature of a woman's body: it grows a baby, it births a baby, it feeds a baby. His next comment is that the man's brief contribution to the miracle is spending a few minutes actually doing what he thinks about all day. 

Anthony looked at me and said, "Eating?"

3 comments:

Jennifer Gregory Miller said...

Too funny! In regards to "being chased" apparently it is a problem of good looking priests. We have a few priest friends who deal with women who do this. Yuck.

We're surprised with all the scandals lately that the diocese haven't outlawed the big confession "room". For both the priest and the confessor's safety the old box is perfect.

In regards to his last comment, I truly think that eating is on the top of the list for guys.

Rachel said...

Jenn, my brother has a name for those women "Chalice chippers". I love it because to my ear, it's on par with "tart".

I miss the old box too. At our parish, the cry room is a hideous multipurpose closet of portable confessional wall, chair, halogen light, mismatched kneelers, lost and found, religious articles for sale, and the bathroom. Ugh. I can understand a lot of those things being the result of BAD church design , but WHY WHY WHY was the building allowed to be built without a confessional box???

LOL about eating! You might be on to something....

Michelle said...

Yes, confession box with the half curtain so you can clearly see someone is in there, kneeling. Love the homophones. And if he continues to have food fill his spare thoughts, chastity will be much easier.