Pages

November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day with Our Favorite Vet


  Leavenworth has a huge Veteran's Day Parade every year.  This is a community of 35,000 people and Bill says he thinks they were all in the parade.  He and I and the little boys watched and the other kids marched.








No, you aren't supposed to be able to tell who is in all of these pictures.  My scouts will recognize themselves, though.  You can click on the pictures to enlarge them, and in some that will make the subject clear. 








After the parade, we happily fed ourselves at the Santa Fe Depot Diner, an old train station.




This is Maria, Charles and Anthony



This is Thomas, Bill and Joseph


Before we went to a potluck at church tonight, all of the kids begged me to take their picture with Archbishop of Military Services Timothy Broglio, who is visiting. He kindly and cheerfully took a moment to pose, and some friendly parishoners encouraged me and Bill to jump in too.  Anthony thought "it was pretty amazing to touch the garments of an archbishop."

2 comments:

YBJ said...

Love the picture with the archbishop. My Rachel had her picture taken with him a couple weeks ago:) Ever since she was very little, whenever there was a bishop around she insisted on having her picture taken with him. She now has a very nice collection! Happy Veteran's Day Bill! Thank you for your service to our country! YBJ

Maryan said...

Awesome pictures!! They make Leavenworth look very quaint and small townish. I don't know how I pictured it -- but it wasn't your photos. Much better than my imaginations I have to say. ;) It must be that prison association. Much like what I thought of Pittsburgh and then discovered it was quite nice. LOL! And I love the Archbishop garment comment. Awwww....