Pages

March 31, 2009

Joseph's Journal-March

Charles and Joseph, Best Buddies


*******************************************************************************

Yesterday, I dragged the nursing stool over near the loveseat. I settled myself comfortably with my back against the cushions and my arm supported. You snuggled down and happily started to nurse. Then I saw your eye look up to my face, and you raised your hand and waved goodbye.

And that was last time I breastfed you.

6 comments:

Jennifer Gregory Miller said...

Well, your words encouraged me to wean without guilt. I only have our bedtime feeding to cut out, now. This week morning has been cut. He's taking it pretty well. And I'm gettin more energy now.

Rachel May said...

Oh, I'm glad! Remind me to ask you about what you wean to. Joseph isn't doing well with milk.

Fr. Chrysostom said...

Well, we all know Mom weaned me to margaritas.

Michelle said...

Wow! Good for you!

And margaritas sound like a good idea...

Maryan said...

Oh my goodness -- how cute!

And we always wean to water and cheese sticks (just so I feel better about no milk).

Yeah... we're still not even close. I'll be asking for advice on how to get a baby to wave goodbye in three months -- because then he'll have entered a zone where no other VW has dared to go...

Rachel May said...

Cheese sticks. Hadn't thought of those, but they will be good. I need somehting to put on his tray and let him feed himself. I think he'll like those.