Pages

October 9, 2008

Charles at 6 years old

Charles is 6!


Charles is a social butterfly with lots of neighborhood friends. I was thinking I was going to have to tie him to his chair for Kindergarten this year, but he has done very well. He is even starting to read (whew!).


He plays soccer on a team with Maria and is more than holding his own.



For his birthday dinner Charles asked for hot dogs, french fries, onion rings, and milk. He helped make his chocolate birthday cake and asked for Cherries Jubilee ice cream from Baskin-Robbins to go with it.


On Monday when we visit the National Gallery, he is looking forward to seeing his favorite piece, Wassily Kandinsky's Improvisation 31 (the Sea Battle).



For his birthday Charles got a Razor scooter with green tires and grips, money, and green crocs.


Did I mention that his favorite color is green?

1 comment:

Rachel May said...

I forgot to mention that at Mr. Vander Woude's funeral I discovered that Charles loves to sing! The music was really inspiring and Charles was really cute belting it out.