Pages

June 27, 2008

How Does Our Garden Grow?

This morning Thomas came in from breakfast and excitedly said, "Mom! I have flowers on my tomato plants!" He could hardly wait for me to finish feeding Joseph before taking me outside to look at the yellow blooms. On two plants we even found some green ping-pong ball sized tomatoes. I'm amazed we've missed them until now, but we have been pretty busy lately.

Maria is boasting one carrot top and, full of hope, has replanted the rest of her box. Our most attentive gardener Anthony has corn as high as an elephant's eye...if the elephant were James' size. And Cecilia's marigolds have bloomed and completely covered her garden statue of St. Cecilia.

Only Charles' strawberries have been a disappointment (to me, not to him). After bearing a few red gems, the plants started turning red and spotty, then brown and dead. If I act quickly, we might be able to save a few, but I've hardly been home since May and don't have the brain power to pursue it today. I could hardly write this post coherently.

PS My new camera will be arriving soon. :)

No comments: